Fermentation activator made of partially autolyzed yeast, SpringFerm™ brings organic nitrogen (amino acids and small peptides), sterols, minerals & vitamins that are crucial for a complete fermentation.
• Recommended for must slightly deficient in nitrogen.
• Partially autolyzed yeast that is 3 times richer in available nitrogen than a basic inactivated yeast.
• 200 ppm of SpringFerm™ brings the equivalent of 10 ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen.
Application: To be used at 1/3 fermentation and at inoculation for support - ing role (lack of turbidity).
Packaging: 1 kg and 25 kg bag. Recommended Dosage: 2 – 4 lb/1,000 g
This complex yeast nutrient is an all-in-one product that brings the perfect balance of organic and mineral nitrogen, sterols, detoxification power, minerals and vitamins to your ferment.
• Blend of yeast autolysate, yeast hulls, Thiamine and DAP to facilitate yeast nutrition operations.
• Decreases organoleptic deviation risks (volatile acidity, H 2S) and helps the production of secondary alcohols and their esters.
• 200 ppm of SpringFerm™ Complete brings the equivalent of 17 ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen.
• TTB Limit 6 lb/1,000 gals.
Application: To be used at yeast inoculation and/or at 1/3 of fermentation.
Packaging: 25 kg bag. Recommended Dosage: 1 – 2 lb/1,000 gal. 10 – 25 g/hL.
Fermentis’ latest development in yeast nutrition, ViniLiquid is Easy-to-Use and highly efficient.
• The innovative high density liquid format allows for easy, accurate dosing, immediate and complete integration in the juice/must.
• Total yeast autolysate providing organic nitrogen, sterols, minerals & vitamins.
• Provides greater fermentation power than the equivalent powdered nutrients.
• 50 mL/hL of ViniLiquid brings the equivalent of 20 ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen.
• Avoids inhalation of dust and safe to handle.
Application: To be used at 1/3 fermentation.
Packaging: 210 kg pumpable box and 12 kg jerrycans. Recommended Dosage: 2 – 4 lb/1,000 ga
Thiamine Hydrochloride Yeast cells grow significantly faster as the result of enhanced utilisation of mineral nitrogen in the presence of external sources of Thiamine.
• Particularly beneficial when trying to restart a sluggish or stuck fermentation.
• A member of the vitamin B1 complex group.
• It is the hydrochloride salt form of thiamine which is water soluble.
Application: Can be used throughout fermentation.
Packaging: 20 kg carton. Available by special order only.
Diammonium Phosphate (DAP)
Diammonium Phosphate (DAP) is a mineral nitrogen source used for yeast viability during primary fermentation.
• Stimulates yeast growth and fermentation activity.
• Helps prevent the formation of hydrogen sulfide.
• Add it to juice or must to supplement natural levels of yeast assimilable nitrogen (YAN) at the beginning of fermentation.
• We also recommend an addition of organic nitrogen sources (SpringFermTM) for its vitamins and minerals.
• Readily soluble in water and can be added directly or as aqueous solution.
Application: Added at beginning of fermentation and again at mid-point if needed.
Packaging: 25 kg bag and 50 lb bag.
Natural yeast hulls are highly efficient as fermentation aids acting against stuck & sluggish fermentation.
• Rich in survival factors and strong detoxifying capabilities to improve yeast viability at the end of fermentation.
• To prevent stuck fermentations (PA>14%) or to clean stuck ferments prior to restarting.
• TTB Limit 3.0 lb/1,000 gal.
Application: To be used at 1/3 fermentation. At later stages, as a solution to sluggish or stuck ferments.
Packaging: 50 lb bag. Recommended Dosage:10 – 35 g/hL.
SpringCell Manno is a yeast polysaccharide product giving roundness and mouthfeel directly to the wine.
• Supplies mannoproteins and other polysaccharides, the noblest part of the lees, directly available to the wine.
• Recommended for barrel aged wines in addition or replacement of lees.
• Polysaccharides can coat the most astringent tannins to attenuate the hardness and bring roundness to the wine.
Application: Can be added during primary fermentation or the end of fermentation.
Packaging: 500 gram packet. Recommended Dosage: 1.5 – 2.5 lb/1,000 gal. 20 – 30 g/hL.
Color Blend of inactivated yeast and yeast hulls rich in polysaccharides, SpringCell Color was specifically developed to act on the intensity and the stability of the color of red wines, with long term benefits.
• Polysaccharides help the stabilization of the tannin-anthocyanin complexes and reduces the level of free anthocyanins.
• Significant softening of the most astringent tannins due to the coating action of the polysaccharides on the green tannins.
• Improves the roundness of red wines.
• Supplies support, organic nitrogen and survival factors which are used by the yeast during fermentation.
Application: To be added before inoculation of red wines.
Packaging: 500 gram packet and 10 kg box. Recommended Dosage: 1.5–2.5 lb/1,000 gal. 20 – 30 g/hL.
Inactivated yeast selected for its important reduction potential thanks to its high natural content in Glutathione, an antioxidant tripeptide naturally contained in yeast that prevents oxidation reactions and avoids organoleptic ageing.
• Prevent browning and aroma loss in white wine.
• Keep the freshness and improve the mouthfeel.
• Also provides support for fermentation and acts as a light nutrient.
Application: To be added after settling and before inoculation for aromatic white wines such as Sauvignon Blanc, Gewurztraminer,
Chenin Blanc, Colombard, Riesling and Rosé styles.
Packaging: 1 kg packet. Recommended Dosage: 1.5 – 2.5 lb/1,000 gal. 20 – 30 g/hL.